Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gingerbread on my Optimus S

A nice treat.  Gingerbread just showed up on my "free" Optimus S phone I received from Sprint when I signed up for a new two year agreement last December.

So until Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, I have the latest phone version of Android.  I'm content, for now. In one year, I'm eligible for another phone.

Oddly, the other two Optimus S phones we have, have not yet upgraded.

I am blogging this mainly so if other Optimus S users are searching for information on Gingerbread updates, they will find this and see that the upgrades have begun.

I purchased the phone assuming the worst; that I'd never be upgraded.  So I am happy today.

1 comment:

  1. Alas, this upgrade was a disaster. There are a multitude of problems with it, bluetooth, not charging from computer, etc.

    I had to roll back to Froyo after Sprint finally issued a way to do that. http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/77595

    ReplyDelete